|This article is a despair inducing stub!|
|The following article is a stub! As such, it is not considered to be complete regarding the information available for it for now. Your help is highly appreciated here. You can help the Dangan Ronpa Wiki by expanding it!|
|Title||Ultimate Gymnast |
Ultimate Despair (Former)
|Birth date||July 15th (Cancer)|
|Height||170 cm (5' 7")|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lb)|
|Voice Actor||Romi Park (JP)
Wendee Lee (EN)
|Game||Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair|
Akane Owari (終里 赤音 Owari Akane) is one of the characters featured in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. She has the title Ultimate Gymnast (超高校級の「体操部」chō kōkō kyū no “taisō-bu”).
At the end of the game, she and the other survivors managed to escape to the real world.
Akane has tan skin, unkempt, shoulder-length chestnut hair, and brown eyes. She wears a short sleeved button up shirt with the top buttons undone, revealing her large chest size, a red miniskirt, and cream-colored sock-less loafers.
Akane has a fiery personality, and always jumps on the chance for a fight and gets along very well with Nekomaru Nidai. However, she is very lazy and unmotivated and is a big eater. Despite her lazy and easy going personality, she is a loyal person towards her friends.
Akane upfront seems to have a serious attitude, though she may say some quite out-of-place statements, some of which may include that if she had done something mistakenly, she would mention for someone else to do something specifically to her breasts. Even during class trials, she may say random statements that could relate to the murder (although in some instances, some reccomendations that you could agree upon sometimes turn out to be true).
Overall, Akane is a very good acquaintance that doesn't fail to show her strength through her hard punches to her strong emotions. Her only known weakness is the fact that she terrified of ghosts and very forgetful. She even forget Hajime's name many times such as called him as "Hank, Harvey, and Hector".
[Warning: Several spoilers follow this section!]
Prior to the TragedyEdit
In Akane's Free Time events, it is revealed that before going to Hope's Peak Academy, Akane lived a poor life, as she states that it was better than her old room when she was given the worst room in the Strawberry and Muscat Towers in Chapter 4. She lived together with her 7 siblings and unemployed father, filled with poverty and hunger. She states that her “mom or dad would change”, and that “there would be more siblings every time”. It is also revealed that she worked many part-time jobs where her customers groped her. There was a gymnastics coach that used to come to the cafe all the time. He suggested Akane to join gymnastic and kept telling her that she had an amazing body. After many times being persuaded, finally Akane agrees and thanks to him, Akane and her siblings was able to move out in a new home. Her father also suggested that she should start doing gymnastics for money. For her, it was paradise enough on the island just to stay warm and not get rained on.
Like her fellow classmates, she too at one point fell in line with Ultimate Despair before her capture and attempted rehabilitation. Although there's no hint as to what may have caused this, it is known that some members of Ultimate Despair starved themselves, and considering Akane's constantly showcased love of eating, it's possible she may have been one of these individuals.
Island Life of Mutual KillingEdit
Prologue - Welcome to Dangan Island! Panic at the Heart-Throbbing School Trip!?Edit
Akane is first seen at Usami's Corral and wandering about. When Hajime Hinata introduces himself, Akane asks who the other guy is. Nagito Komaeda gets slightly offended and tells her that they met already, and Akane suddenly remembers. Akane than introduces herself, and after that she seems to be in a world of her own, as when Nagito asks Hajime if he likes sexy bodies loudly, she doesn't respond.
Akane is later shown with the rest of the group at the beach, and after Byakuya Togami finishes his story, she states that she doesn't care what the island is called, only that they still have to stay there. When everyone is talking about life on the island, she asks why they don't just swim back, but her solution is shot down by Mikan Tsumiki, who says it is too far. Akane is one of the several students to throw the Usami stamp away, but when Usami mentions another surprise, Akane says that it might be a party and she is pleased to know that she was correct. However, Akane doesn't join to swim with the others.
Chapter 1 - Destination DespairEdit
In Chapter 1, her eating Teruteru Hanamura's food was essential in proving the fact that it was not poisoned.
Chapter 2 - Sea and Punishment, Sin and CoconutsEdit
In Chapter 2, she had a practice session with Nekomaru. She refused to give up and got injured before Sonia Nevermind's swimming party started. As she enters the doorway of the diner, she is seen covered in blood and immediately taken care by Mikan.
She and Hajime revealed that the window leading out of the beach house could be exited through two people getting on one or another's shoulders.
Chapter 3 - Trapped by the Ocean ScentEdit
In Chapter 3, when the others are at Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu's welcome back party, she challenges Monokuma to a duel, when Nekomaru steps in and saves her from Monokuma's final strike. Later, she got the Despair Disease, the motive of the third chapter. Under its influence, she became a cowardly crybaby. She refuses to admit that the culprit of the third chapter is the person that treated her when she got the Despair Disease.
Chapter 4 - Do Ultimate Robots Dream of Electric Clocks?Edit
In Chapter 4, when she and the rest of the group found out that Nekomaru turned into a robot, she didn't feel devastated or shocked, although she felt sorry for him. She believed that because of her recklessness, Nekomaru lost his human body.
After she and the rest of the group get trapped inside the Surprise House by Monokuma on the fourth island, she, Hajime, and the girls decided to stay at the Muscat House while the boys excluding Hajime stay at the Strawberry House. She choose to stay in the poor/worst room because she was used to living in a poor house.
Chapter 5 - Smile at Hope in the Name of DespairEdit
In Chapter 5, she, Fuyuhiko, Kazuichi Soda attempt to apprehend Nagito.
Chapter 6 - This is the End Goodbye Academy of DespairEdit
Nekomaru is close to Akane due to their desire to improve themselves physically. She is constantly encouraging Nekomaru to fight her, although he usually rejects and states that she is quick and nimble but not very strong. This relationship is of a coach and their student, but other than training to become stronger, Nekomaru and Akane are very close friends.
She was the most shocked to discover that he was a cyborg and was really depressed about his death. Despite Gundham Tanaka being executed, she was still depressed, leading Kazuichi to use some of Nekomaru's remains to create a mini-Nekomaru to cheer her up. Progressing throughout the game after Nekomaru's death, sometimes Akane's mini Nekomaru makes outbursts after she has said something.
Obtained from the MonoMono Machine.
- Razor Ramon HG
- Girl with the Bear Hairpin
- Prepackaged Orzotto
- Century Potpourri
During free time conversations, the player will occasionally be given a choice on how to respond to something that is said. These are the 'right' choices.
- No panties
- Are you worried about something?
- As long as we all run a red light...
These will aid you, usually during Class Trials.
- Peach Muscle - Increases your Truth Bullet rate of fire. Effective during the Nonstop Debate and Rebuttal Showdown.
- “Yo! The name's Akane Owari! Nice to meetcha!”
- “I can't handle difficult stuff. I'll leave the rest to you guys.”
- “Can I solve this by hitting it hard enough?”
- “I WON'T LOSE!”
- “I hate tests, but.. Well, it's a whole lot better than having to kill someone!”
- “I'm starting to get pumped up!”
- “Shut up! None of this stuff matters if I win! All I have to do is win!”
- “There sure are lots of strong people in this world!”
- “I absolutely hate to lose.”
- “Screw that noise!”
- “There might be a tower that reaches the heavens, or a strong dude sealed up in an electric jar.” (talking about Jabberwock Island)
- “They say the world is full of treasure!”
- “I'll remember it easier if you keep givin' me food or somethin'.”
- “I'm not interested in someone who looks like they have low fighting power.”
- “I don't deal with anything lower than trash, y'know?”
- “Setting records and winning competitions is easy money!”
- “When you got people chasin' ya, you just naturally end up doin' parkour when you're runnin' away from them.”
- “Whenever I see small things that don't look like they're eatin' much, I can't help feelin' worried.”
- “You can't survive if ya don't eat when you can, y'know?”
- “Monomi'll let you in if you just ask her. She sure is a pushover.” (talking about Monomi)
- “When things don't make sense, the only thing I can do is stuff my face!”
- “As long as I can eat and move my body, that's when I feel like I'm alive. That's all I need.”
- “...There's no way I’d ever worry about anything!”
- “I-If you tell anyone, I'll kill you! If I even catch you thinking about it, I'll kill you!” (to Hajime Hinata)
- “This Minimaru doll is amazin'! It’s not just cute, it’s got a lot of other awesome functions too!”
- “Just so ya know...Minimaru is mine, all right? I won't let you have it no matter how bad you want it!”
- “Don't treat me like I'm weak...”
- “I...I'm not weak... Being weak is bad.”
- “If you get kicked around and beat up, or cry and scream that there’s no food or medicine, no one'll help you.”
- “Weak people die and there's nothin' you can do about it! No matter what happens, you can't complain!”
- “I was much stronger when I was alone! Stop sayin' things that don't make sense!”
- “When everyone's together, they can make up for their weakness... That's what you mean, right?” (to Hajime Hinata)
- “You... You're warm. This is the first time I've ever felt someone this warm.” (to Hajime Hinata)
- Akane's e-Handbook states that she likes fighting and meat, and hates working hard.
- Akane uses the word ore (俺) to refer herself instead of watashi or atashi (私), which is a boastful form of “I” typically used by males; however, unlike Hajime, she doesn't end her sentences with the usual matching accompaniment of da zo.
- Her first name (赤音) can be translated to “red sounds” or “red noise”, while her last name (終里) is composed of the characters 終 - "last" or "to finish" and 里, which has multiple meanings, including "village", "the home of one's parents", "home town" and also an archaic Japanese unit of area.
- Her last name could be a reference to how, as her Free Time Events imply, her father used to marry multiple women in succession and have children with each one.
- Her Bloodtype is B.
- She knows a wrestling move called “Plancha Suicida”, or “Suicide Dive”.
- Akane states that she tends to forget names.