|Title||Ultimate Fanfic Creator|
|Birth date||December 31st (Capricorn)|
|Height||170 cm (5' 7")|
|Weight||155 kg (342 lb)|
|Voice Actor||Keppei Yamaguchi (JP) |
Lucien Dodge (EN)
Tyson Rinehart (English anime dub)
|Family||Fujiko Yamada (Sister)|
|Game||Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc|
|Manga||Danganronpa: The Manga|
|Novel||Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc IF|
Hifumi Yamada (山田 一二三 Yamada Hifumi) is one of the characters featured in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.
He has the title Ultimate Fanfic Creator (超高校級の「同人作家」chō kōkō kyū no “dōjin sakka”).
He was a famous doujin author who was able to sell ten thousand copies of his work at the culture festival in his school. He also claimed to favor 2D girls in comparison of 3D ones, though his attitude around them proved otherwise.
Hifumi is a chubby boy with black hair and a pointed ahoge. He also wears glasses. He is dressed in a white shirt with an orange tie which has a blue arrow at the tip pointing upwards. Hifumi wears a grey, unbuttoned cardigan over his shirt and carries around an orange backpack. He wears black trousers and white trainers.
Feeling misunderstood by his peers and resenting them for it, Hifumi comes across as creepy and perverted, possibly due to his tendency to make an innuendo over some things that other students said; a trait that creeps Leon Kuwata out. He also has a habit of putting anime references in his speech.
In his Free Time sequence, it is shown that he is very passionate about Buuko, a female lead in his favorite anime series, Heretic Angel ☆ Mochi Mochi Princess. Although having a somewhat misanthropic look on society, Hifumi will not stand for indecent crimes against those he holds in deep regard and will even go so far to kill the person to stop them from doing any more harm and avenge his friends.
He has a particular dislike toward people who supposedly don’t understand the true meaning of doujin, even going as far to claim that they’re ruining everything. His dream is to 'save' other people by making a doujin that will inspire them to create their own.
[Warning: Several spoilers follow this section!]
Prior to the TragedyEdit
Before the Tragedy, and before his own introduction to anime and doujinshi, Hifumi was heavily involved in his middle school's student council, similar to Taka.
High School Life of Mutual KillingEdit
During the first investigation, Hifumi was revealed to be the janitor, with the key to the trash room. He was asked by Makoto Naegi to open the shutters so the two could investigate and discover a bloody shirt piece (Leon's) and a shattered ball that was used to turn on the incinerator through the shutters.
During the second investigation, he was the person who found Chihiro Fujisaki's broken e-Handbook in the sauna.
Hifumi later developed a crush on the artificial intelligence created by Chihiro - Alter Ego. This one-sided relationship annoyed Taka, and as a result, the two clashed frequently. This dispute was taken advantage of by Celeste, who stole Alter Ego and convinced Hifumi that it was Taka who stole it.
Celeste enlisted Hifumi as her accomplice (who thought that Celeste was his), by telling him that Taka forced her to steal Alter Ego and was planning to kill Hifumi. The two frame Yasuhiro Hagakure by putting him in the Robo Justice (ジャスティス ロボ Jasutisu Robo) suit, and make it look like the robot was responsible for both Hifumi's and Taka's “deaths” - when in fact Hifumi was only pretending to be dead by putting transfusion blood on himself.
After Hifumi bringing himself and Taka's body to the Art Storage Room, Celeste finishes the plan and kills him. After the Class Trial, Celeste states that Hifumi never suspected that he would be the next victim to be murdered, and thought that Celeste would kill someone else instead.
When he was dying, he presumably regain his memory back about everything that happened before the High School of Mutual Killing. Aoi Asahina asked him who's the blackened behind both his and Taka's murder, but due to his injury, he could only say “Yasuhiro” at the end.
Watch Out, Booko! Great Monster Invasion - A gigantic Booko comes flying to a place where an enormous Monokuma is rioting at. Both start fighting. Hifumi, who is stuck between them is being hit from both sides. At the end, he dies when being hit by 'certain kill' beams from both simultaneously. This is only described in the official Visual Fanbook.
Hifumi seems to be friends with Makoto, often attempting to educate him on doujinshi.
Early on, she intimidated and manipulated him, but he succumbed to her charm, essentially becoming her pawn and eventually murdering him later in Chapter 3.
He developed a crush on the AI due to it listening to what he has to say. Alter Ego itself was not interested in Hifumi, though. He also referred to Alter Ego as a female, despite the fact that it was modeled after Chihiro. Hifumi told Alter Ego his "hobbies", which were probably perverted.
Obtained from the MonoMono Machine.
- Mochi Princess Figure
- Endless Dandelion
- Super Strategy Encyclopedia
During free time conversations, the player will occationally be given a choice on how to respond to something that is said. These are the 'right' choices.
- Doujinshi Circle
- All genres
These will aid you, usually during Class Trials.
- Handiwork - Allows you to reload two bullets at once. Effective during the Bullet Time Battle. Costs 4 SP.
- Imagination - The Influence Gauge recovers over time during concentration and Fever Time. Effective during the Nonstop Debate, the Hangman's Gambit, and the Bullet Time Battle. Costs 5 SP.
- “My name is Hifumi Yamada. 'The man who is the beginning and the end.' You can call me either way, I don’t mind.”
- “I’m just like Van Gogh-- a genius unappreciated in his lifetime.”
- “Boobalicious fever!”
- “I am a warrior, fighting day and night to rid this world of preconceived ideas about doujin works…”
- “That's right, I probably have not even been born yet! These are the memories of an unborn fetus...!”
- “Aaa...! T...that... makes total sense!!”
- “I mean, there is no human more full of knowledge than an otaku.”
- “What was that?! This isn't even my true form! I still have three transformations left in me!”
- “Listen to me! Outward appearances are meaningless! What you see before your eyes is nothing but the skin that wraps my true self! My meaning and worth can be judged only by the contents of my work!”
- The kanji for his first name, "Hifumi" (一二三), are numerals which, when put in sequence as they are above, literally mean "one, two, three".
- "Yamada" (山田) means "mountain rice paddy".
- Hifumi's voice actor, Kappei Yamaguchi, also voices Jin Kirigiri in the game (Jin's voice actor in the anime is different).