|This article is a despair inducing stub!|
|The following article is a stub! As such, it is not considered to be complete regarding the information available for it for now. Your help is highly appreciated here. You can help the Dangan Ronpa Wiki by expanding it!|
- "As long as I can create something that I find new and interesting and exciting and unique, that's all that matters."
- —Kazutaka Kodaka
|Birth Date||♋ July 8, 1978|
Kazutaka Kodaka (小高 和剛 Kodaka Kazutaka) is the creator, director and scenario writer of the Danganronpa series.
He is known within the fan base as being very passionate about Danganronpa. He is also notorious of teasing fans of the series via his Twitter account.
Kodaka is the creator of the Danganronpa series, and is the director and writer for all of the series' main content.
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Video game; 2010)
- Danganronpa/Zero (Novel; 2011)
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Video game; 2012)
- Makoto Naegi's Worst Day Ever (Novel; 2013)
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Video game; 2014)
- Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (Anime; 2016)
- Danganronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer (Manga; 2016-2017)
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Video game; 2017)
In addition to working on the Danganronpa series, Kodaka has also contributed to a number of other anime and film productions.
- Clock Tower 3 (Video game; 2002) - Sub-director
- Guren 5 (Manga; 2013-2015) - Writer
- Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life: Phantasmagoric Arc (Anime; 2015) - Script writer (alongside Yun Kouga, Shigeto Koyama, Yousuke Kuroda, Yoshiko Nakamura, Tatsuya Takahashi, Makoto Uezu, Gen Urobuchi, Yuniko Ayana, Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, Masaya Honda, and Jirou Ishii)
- “When I write my stories, my main goal is to keep myself interested, and write the kind of game and story, and characters, and scenario that I would be entertained by.”
- “When it comes to Danganronpa, I'm there.”
- “The reason why Danganronpa's blood isn't red is because of "psychopop" itself.”
- Kodaka's favorite Danganronpa character is Monokuma, because he is the easiest to write for as Kodaka can have him say whatever he wants.
- Kodaka's favorite mystery-genre novelist is Nisio Isin.
- If Kodaka was punished by Monokuma, he stated that he would die from not creating a game scenario on time. Overworking, writing continuously until he fell apart.
- Kodaka likes eighties American music, especially Bon Jovi.