Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|NG Code Poisoning|
Kyoko Kirigiri (Survived)
|Anime||Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Side: Future #02|
NG Code Poisoning is an execution featured in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Side: Future, with Daisaku Bandai, Sonosuke Izayoi, Koichi Kizakura, and Kyoko Kirigiri being executed individually.
The execution is tied to the Monokuma bangles worn by participants of the Final Killing Game; specifically, to the NG Codes (or Forbidden Actions) displayed by each one. If a participant violates their NG Code, the bangle detects this and injects a lethal, fast-acting poison into the violator's bloodstream, indicated by a small electronic jingle.
The poison rapidly spreads through the victim's body, turning the left side of their body dark purple. Their blood vessels become engorged, particularly in the left eye, which turns red and begins "crying" blood as a result of the increased pressure. The victim usually dies moments later.
Seiko Kimura attempted to save Daisaku from his NG Code poisoning with one of her chemicals, but failed. It was later revealed that the Ultimate Pharmacist had developed a new drug during the Final Killing Game; if someone took the medicine before the bracelet was activated, they would enter a comatose state instead of dying upon injection of the poison. Kyoko Kirigiri was thus able to survive by taking the drug prior to her NG Code activating - although she appeared lifeless to her friends afterwards, the physical effects were much less severe, and she suffered from no lingering side effects after being revived by Mikan Tsumiki.
- This is the second execution to be used against more than one person, following After School Lesson from the original Danganronpa. It is also the first execution to be canonically used against multiple individuals.
- Victims of NG Code poisoning bear a certain resemblance to Monokuma, having a darkened left side and a red left eye as a result of the poison.
- Koichi and Kyoko willingly triggered their NG Codes by performing these sacrifices:
- Koichi directly violated his NG Code to save Kyoko from certain death.
- Kyoko herself deliberately concealed her code from her friends to ensure that Makoto Naegi wouldn't act recklessly to try and save her.
- According to Monokuma, the poison in the bangles would also be injected if a participant attempted to forcibly remove the bangle from their wrist.
- Only males died due to their NG Code Poisoning. No females were killed by NG Code poisoning, as Kyoko managed to survive.