|This article is a despair-inducing stub!
As such, it is considered to be incomplete regarding the information available.
The article below is based on non-localized content only available in Japanese.
Super Danganronpa 2 The Stage ~Sayonara Zetsubō Gakuen~ (スーパーダンガンロンパ 2 THE STAGE ～さよなら絶望学園～) is a stage play based on Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair presented by Cornflakes. It is a sequel to the previous stage play Danganronpa The Stage ~Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsubō no Kōkōsei.
Like the previous stageplay, the entire play lasts approximately 3 hours. It follows the story very closely, yet the following changes have been made to cut time and adapt the story:
- While most executions are similar to the game, Teruteru Hanamura's and Chiaki Nanami's are similar to the first stageplay's, being that the character being executed will be impaled with spears.
- In chapter 2, the part about the Twilight Syndrome Murder Case gets skipped. Instead, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu simply receives the pictures from Monokuma.
- Peko Pekoyama does not pretend to be a serial killer.
- Fuyuhiko carried Peko's sword after Monokuma treated his wound until the end of the play.
- Nagito Komaeda receives the student files before the third murder occurs, after being randomly challenged by Monokuma to play Russian roulette.
- The movie, "The Wizard of Monomi" is not mentioned.
- Nagito is not infected with the despair disease.
- Mikan Tsumiki kills Ibuki Mioda by injecting her with a deadly substance instead of strangling her.
- Chapter 4 is skipped entirely. After Mikan's execution, Akane Owari decides to fight the Monokumas to end the killings. She is joined by Nekomaru Nidai, Fuyuhiko, and Gundham Tanaka. They get overpowered by the Monokumas, resulting in the deaths of Gundham and Nekomaru.
- The bomb motive of chapter 5 is left out.
- After the final execution, the showdown with Junko Enoshima starts immediately.
- Makoto Naegi, Kyoko Kirigiri and Byakuya Togami did not make an appearance during the final trial. Monomi is the one who tells the remaining students about the shutdown sequence, and there is no mention of a certain number of students needed to activate it.