Ultimate Hope is an exclusive title, only given to Makoto Naegi, Hajime Hinata, and K1-B0. As the name suggests, people bearing this title are considered to represent hope. Despite having the same talent, they received the title for vastly different reasons.
Skills and Abilities
The traits of an Ultimate Hope vary among bearers of the title:
- Hajime, after undergoing several surgeries in the Izuru Kamukura Project, turned into Izuru, a person intended to spread hope by having every talent known to mankind, allowing him to act as a paragon for others to aspire to and lead the human race into a golden age.
- Makoto uses a combination of charisma, logic, and quiet optimism to encourage others to better themselves in the face of adversity, advocating teamwork and discussion of ideas to overcome challenges. He was also able to stand against the Ultimate Despair, earning him the title.
- Similar to Makoto, K1-B0's ability to inspire hope stems largely from his ability to verbally motivate others to push forward despite seemingly overwhelming odds. However, he is also perfectly willing to take direct action in the name of hope, up to and including sacrificing himself to give his friends a chance.
All bearers of the title seem to share a great determination; once their mind is set on a task, nothing short of death will stop them from trying to complete it.
List of Title Holders
|Makoto Naegi||Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc||Alive|
|Hajime Hinata||Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair||Alive|
|K1-B0||Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony||Inactive|
- K1-B0's title is Ultimate Hope Robot, making his talent slightly different than that of Hajime and Makoto's.
- In his last post-mortem video message in Danganronpa 2, Nagito Komaeda asks to be called the Ultimate Hope, had he succeeded in finishing off the Remnants of Despair.