|This article is a despair inducing stub!|
|The following article is a stub! As such, it is not considered to be complete regarding the information available for it for now. Your help is highly appreciated here. You can help the Dangan Ronpa Wiki by expanding it!|
|Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo - Danganronpa Another Episode|
Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo - Danganronpa Another Episode (絶対絶望少女 ダンガンロンパ AnotherEpisode lit. Absolute Despair Girl Danganronpa Another Episode) is a spin off game based around the Danganronpa series.
Information and game play footage was first released at the Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia Conference on September 9th 2013. The game will be coming out on September 25, 2014 in Japan for the PSVita.
This game seems to take place between the events of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. Fans speculate that the objective is to secure the surviving members of Ultimate Despair.
Taking place half a year after the events of the first game, and before the beginning of the second game, the story focuses on Komaru Naegi, the younger sister of the first game's protagonist, Makoto Naegi. Following The Tragedy that took place one and a half years ago, Komaru has been holed up in her apartment in Towa City after the nefarious Monokuma took over the city and infested it with his robot army and loyal followers. Forced to flee into the outside world when a Monokuma robot attacks her apartment, Komaru comes across a certain someone who entrusts her with a “Megaphone hacking gun” which allows her to battle againts the robots. Teaming up with Toko Fukawa/Genocide Jill, one of the surviving students of Hope's Peak Academy alongside Makoto, Komaru soon comes up against the Monokuma Kids, a group of RPG-fanatic children who murder adults in the name of Monokuma.
Unlike the visual novel gameplay of the previous games, The game seems to be a third person shootergame with horror elements, in which players control Komaru Naegi, the protagonist of the game and the younger sister of Makoto Naegi. As she tries to survive in a city overrun by Monokuma robots. In the spirit of the previous game's Truth Bullets, Komaru is equipped with a hacking megaphone gun which turns her words into various types of ammunition. Using the megaphone, Komaru can issue attack or force commands onto enemy robots, causing them to short circuit or dance, or activate various types of equipment to solve puzzles. During the course of the game, Komaru also assisted by Toko Fukawa, one of the survivor from the first game, who carries a stun gun with her. When Toko changes into her split personality, Genocide Jack/Jill, she attacks with her Genoscissors (Razor sharp scissors). The game features three difficulty settings:
- Genocide Mode (The easiest)
- Trouble Mode
- Despair Mode
The difficulty dessigned for players who aren't used to action games or simply want to enjoy the story.
In Towa City, a group of five children known as the “Soldier of Hope” exist. They act as the leaders of the Monokuma Kids, a group of Monokuma mask-wearing children who slaughter adults. Like an RPG, each leader has their own “job.”
- Voiced by Aya Uchida (Japanese)
- Komaru Naegi (苗木 こまる Naegi Komaru) is a brave girl who forced to flee from her home after Monokuma robots destroyed her home during The Tragedy. After someone entrust their “Megaphone hacking gun” to Komaru, she now are able to fight againts the robots alongside Toko Fukawa/Genocide Jill.
Toko Fukawa/Genocider SyoEdit
- Voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese) Amanda C. Miller/Erin Fitzgerald (English)
- Toko Fukawa (腐川 冬子 Fukawa Touko) / Genocide Jill (ジェノサイダー翔 Jenosaidā Shou)
- is one of the surviving students from the Mutual Killing Incident of Class 78 who later join the Future Foundation and help Komaru Naegi to fight againts the Monokuma Robots.
- Voiced by Shin-ichiro Miki (Japanese)
- Haiji Towa (塔和灰慈 Touwa Haiji) is the leader of the Resistance, the adults' secret base, formed to against the Soldier of Hope.
Soldier Of HopeEdit
These 5 kids are the leaders of the “Monokuma Kids” who are massively slaughtering all adults. To them, this is one big role play, like a giant RPG, they’ve even gone so far as to call themselves them typical RPG classes like “Hero”, “Thief”, “Mage”, etc.
- Voiced by Megumi Han (Japanese)
- “Hero” Masaru Daimon (大門 大 Daimon Masaru) is the Soldier of Hope Leader, in charge of the Hero Class. In elementary school, he was known as the Ultimate P.E. Period, as exercise is his forte. He's cheerful, and naughty in nature.
- Voiced by Kazusa Aranami (Japanese)
- “Warrior” Kotoko Utsugi (空木 言子 Utsugi Kotoko) is a former child star in charge of the warriors. Previously, she was called the Ultimate Arts Festival Period, and was fawned over by all who surrounded her. She loves “adorable things”.
- Voiced by Sumire Uesaka (Japanese)
- “Priest” Jataro Kemuri (煙 蛇太郎 Kemuri Jatarou) in charge of the Priests, he's known as Ultimate Drawing Period because of his extensive knowledge of drawing. He's acknowledged by both himself and those around him for being hated, and so he's actually fine with it when other people hate him.
- Voiced by Mariya Ise (Japanese)
- “Sage” Nagisa Shingetsu (新月 渚 Shingetsu Nagisa) is The Vice-leader in charge of the Sages. An overly serious type; speaks very maturely. Said to have a bright future ahead, they were made to assume the title Ultimate Social Studies Period.
- Voiced by Aya Hirano (Japanese)
- “Mage” Monaka (モナカ Monaka) in charge of the Mages, she's the life of the party. She loves homeroom period where she can exchange opinions with everyone, so she's called Ultimate Homeroom Period.